When you use an Alexa Voice remote, or pair an Alexa-enabled device such as Amazon Echo or Amazon Tap with your Fire TV, you can use the following voice controls.
YOU CAN TELL ALEXA TO:
- Play a specific show or movie: “Play The Simpsons on Hulu” or “Watch The Handmaid’s Tale”
- Turn on a specific live TV* channel: “Turn on ESPN on Hulu” or “Tune to The History Channel on Hulu” or “Change to CNN”
- Search for stuff to watch: “Alexa, find comedy on Hulu”, “Alexa, search for Marvel on Hulu”
WHILE WATCHING, YOU CAN ALSO TELL ALEXA TO:
- “Pause” or “Stop” playback
- “Play” or “Resume” playback
- Go backwards/forwards: “Rewind” or “Fast forward”
- Go to a specific point: “Go back/forward 7 minutes” or “Skip back/forward 25 seconds” or “Rewind/fast forward 2 minutes”
- Restart the video: “Restart” or “Rewind to the beginning” or “Go to the start”
Learn more about linking your Alexa-enabled device to your Fire TV or what to do if Alexa has trouble understanding your requests.
*Access to live programming is available with a Hulu with Live TV subscription.