Hello Phillips Kimberly
To use Echo Connect, you need to register for Alexa Calling and Messaging, link your Echo Connect to your existing home phone service and compatible Echo device, and complete device setup in the Alexa app on your smartphone.
Before you get started with Echo Connect:
- Use your smartphone to sign up for Alexa Calling and Messaging. You can learn more about device requirements by going to Sign Up for Alexa Calling and Messaging.
- Make sure your phone or VoIP service setup is complete.
- Place Echo Connectin a location that is close to a power outlet, phone jack, and your Wi-Fi router.
- Turn on Echo Connect.
Plug the included power adapter into Echo Connect, and then into a power outlet. The power LED to light on the top of the device is solid when the device has power.
- Connect to a phone jack.
Plug one end of the included telephone cable into the back of the Echo Connect. Plug the other end of the cable into:
- A standard telephone jack (for landline phone service)
- A Wi-Fi router (for digital phone service)
- Analogue Telephone Adapter (for VoIP phone service)
Tip: To share a phone jack between Echo Connect and a handset, use the included splitter. You can also plug the splitter into your Echo Connect. For example, one port of the splitter to connect to a phone jack (on the wall, VoIP adapter or the router), and the remaining port to connect to your home phone.
- Complete Wi-Fi setup in the Alexa app on your smartphone.
Note: If you have not yet installed the Alexa app on your mobile device, you can locate it in your device’s app store.
From the Alexa app menu, select Settings > Set up a new device and follow the instructions.