We have a new, free software update available for Kindle (4th Generation) and Kindle (5th Generation). This update automatically downloads and installs on your Kindle when connected wirelessly; however, you can also manually download the software and transfer the update to your device via USB cable.
The software update includes general bug fixes.
Download Kindle Software Updates
Determine the current software version on your Kindle before downloading and installing a software update. For more information, go to Determine Your Software Version.
Depending on your current software update version, you may have to install a previous software update before installing the latest version. Select one of the links below to download the software update file directly to your computer.
Important: If you copy multiple software update files to your device at the same time, the software update will not be successful. Please fully install one file, and then download and install the next file, as appropriate.
In accordance with certain free and open source software licenses, Amazon is pleased to offer an archive file of source code for this software update:
- Download 4.1.3 Source Code
- Download 4.1.3 Legal and Open Source Notices
- Download 4.1.2 Source Code
- Download 4.1.2 Legal and Open Source Notices
- Download 4.1.1 Source Code
- Download 4.1.1 Legal and Open Source Notices
- Download 4.1.0 Source Code
- Download 4.1.0 Legal and Open Source Notices